As promised in my previous post, here is the modified crochet pattern I used for E.'s toddler beanie hat:
This is a modification of "Soft Scallop Chemo Cap" copyright Sandra Huffines at this site:
Toddler Beanie Pattern(make adjustments for size by changing hook size or make larger by adding an increase every 4st after round 5)
- Fits 2-4 yrs, Hook size H, sport yarn
- Round 1: Ch5, join, work 8dc into ring, join
- Round 2: 2dc in ea st around, join (16dc)
- Round 3: *Dc in next st, 2dc in next st* around, join (24dc)
- Round 4: *Dc in next 2st, 2dc in next st* around, join (32dc)
- Round 5: Dc in next 3st, 2dc in next st* around, join (40dc)
- Round 6: Dc in next 9st, 2dc in next st* around, join (44dc)
- Round 7-11: Dc in ea st around, join.
- Round 12:*Hdc in next st, sc in next st, hdc in next st, dc in next st, 3tr in next st, dc in next st* around, join.
- Round 13: *Dec over next 3st, sc in next 2 st, 3sc in next st, sc in next 2st*
- Round 14: Slst in next 2st, *sc in next 2st, 3sc in next st, sc in next 2st, dec over next 3st* around, join.
- Rnd 15: Turn, slst around entire cap to keep from curling.
- Note: I crochet a little loose, so I used a size J hook; then added an increase after round 5 - *dc in next 4st, 2dc in next*, then adjusted the following rows accordingly)
Flower Embellishment (pattern by my Aunt S.) - Hook size J:
- ch5, join
- 12sc in ring, join
- *ch3, skip 1 sc and slst to next st* around
- *slst into sp,1sc, 3dc, 1sc, slst* into ea sp, join