Okay, so now you've made an easy peasy swaddle sheet for your friend's shower and it was so easy you still have time to make a gift set. How about a burp cloth?
Note: I have included a sketch burp cloth pattern for your use. But I drew it on the fly so its not perfect. You can easily draw your own pattern if you don't like the finished shape of mine. Remember, your friend will love these finished pieces because you used your time and creativity to do them, not because they look like you bought them at Target. Homemade stuff is so much more love-able with a few imperfections.
- burp cloth pattern
- 1 10x14" flannel piece (maybe leftover from swaddle sheet yardage?)
- 1 10x14" coordinating fabric piece
1. Fold a 10 x 14" piece of fabric in half (folded piece should look almost square).
2. Using a water-soluble marker, trace the pattern onto fabric & cut.
3. Repeat for coordinating fabric.
4. Pin cut pieces, RIGHT sides together. Clip slight "snips" or notches in the more curvy areas to allow the piece to lie more flat once turned inside out. Be careful not to cut too far into the seam allowance (where you will be stitching).
5. Using 3/8" - 1/2" seam allowance, stitch the pieces together, leaving a 2 1/2" gap on one short side (figure b).
6. Turn inside out and press. Topstitch around the entire burp cloth, sewing the open gap shut as you go.
You're Done! Now off to your baby shower...